Meet an Author Monday...and Met Some Readers Friday

Last Friday I was hosted by the Urban Book Club in Forest Park, IL and was once again blown away by the "Book Experience."  It was so much more than a book discussion.  The club members had scoured shops and the internet for 80s apparel, and one even wore an authentic pair of extremely colorful leggings FROM the 80s!  Hair was pouffed to maximum height and 80s tunes played in the background. 

As if getting greeted with this flashback to my heday wasn't enough, our gracious hostess Jean put together an 80s trivia game---complete with prizes---and a spectacular steak dinner. That's when they "grilled" me about the book and writing (get it?).  They had wonderful questions and insights about Three Daves, reading, and life in general, and the evening passed much too quickly. 


THANK YOU so very much to all of you! Special thanks to Jean for all her effort to make the evening absolutely perfect and to Connie for suggesting the book to the club in the first place.  (I just discovered that Connie has a really cool Adventure Quest blog going through the end of the year!)


And now...welcome to the weekly Meet an Author Monday blog hop. To meet new authors and discover great reads, simply visit any of the author links below. Look for our "Meet an Author Monday" icon at any of these blogs to keep on hoppin. Authors! Have a book out? Are you under contract for publication? Join in the hop for a great way to network your blog and let readers know who you are.

Later today I'll be posting my interview with Victoria Michaels, author of new release, Trust in Advertising!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Nicki! Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading "The Last Flight of the Jolly Roger" :).
Sounds like you had a great time on Friday :). Hope your Monday is going well.
Kelsey
Nicki Elson said…
Hi ketch. It was my pleasure to read The Last Flight. And yep, I had a GREAT time on Friday. Hope your Monday is also going well.
Oh I'm such an 80's child myself! I still have the hairspray for the big hair I had too LOL! I'm just stopping to meet an author on Monday and I'm glad I did!
Nicki Elson said…
Hi Kimberly---always nice to meet another 80s child. :) I have to admit, after that 80s night, I sorta felt a twinge of nostalgia for my 80s hair...but never again will I do the perm. Never!

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...